Sugarcraft & Cake Making
ADS Insurance are proud sponsors of The Cake Professionals 2021 Conference. This virtual event is taking place on Monday 14th June, from 12 – 4pm. Tickets are available via www.thecakeprofessionals.com. Colin, our cake insurance specialist will be attending and can help with your insurance requirements.
Our experience and expertise has allowed us to understand the particular requirements of our clients.
We operate a number of policies via our office and the BSG website.
Our main scheme is aimed specifically for people who run a cake business from home and sell their cakes via recommendation, advertising and at craft and wedding fayres.
The policy is divided as follows:
Compulsory – Public & Products Liability Insurance
This covers your legal liability to third parties (members of the public, individuals or organisations) for accidental injury to persons or damage to property arising out of your sugarcraft or cake making activities. Also insured is Products Liability which covers your legal liability to third parties arising out of products supplied and includes food poisoning, tuition/partition in craft, and wedding fayres.
The standard limit of liability is £2,000,000 for both public & products liability.
Premiums start from as little as £50.00 (plus tax and a small admin charge).
Optional A – All Risks cover for Cakes
This section provides cover if the cake, sugarcraft or sugarcraft model were damaged whilst in transit to an event or a client’s home. The total sum insured is £3,000 and a maximum value any one item of £1,000.
Optional B – All Risks for Cakes plus Loss of Money
This extends cover under Option A to include loss of money from any venue you may attend, in transit or from your home. Cover is provided for cash up to £2,000 at any one time.
Since this is insurance, inevitably there are some exclusions which can be summarised as below:
- Individuals or companies whose turnover from sugarcraft or cake making exceeds £50,000 per annum. We can arrange separate insurance for these businesses outside of the scheme at competitive rates.
- Individuals or businesses who reside outside of the UK
- Products supplied to North America and Canada
- Loss or damage to the cake unless Options A or B are selected
- The first £250 of each claim to third party property and £50 under Option A & B. Claims for personal injury or illness to third parties are not subject to any excess.
- Losses arising out of the use of a motor vehicle
We have been providing insurance for the British Sugarcraft Guild and other cake makers for over 20 years.
We always endeavour to adapt our policy cover to your requirements.
For more details, contact Colin or Roz via Email, Freephone or Freepost.Contact Us